Vektor Lazarevic (Specialist)
Ms. Manal Al-Shamali (Technician)
Ms. Hanouf Senan (Technician)
1. Immunodermatology Unit:
It is run by a Senior Specialists Dr Vector Lazarevik and is helped by 4 technicians. The unit provides diagnostic facilities essential for autoimmunebullous diseases
The tests performed in immunodermatology lab:
1. Direct immunofluorescence test using patient’s skin biopsy. (ordinary DIF IgG, IgM, IgA, C3, C4, Fib, Salt-split skin test from biopsy)
2. Indirect immunofluorescence test using patient’s serum. Different substrates are used depending on the case:
· Monkey esophagus
· Normal human skin
· Human split skin
· HEP-2 cells for ANA screening tests
A. Anti Pemphigus antibodies:
Desmoglein 1 (DsG1)
Desmoglein 3 (DsG3)
B. Anti Bullous Pemphigoid antibodies:
BP 180 kd
BP 230 kd
4. Direct smear to diagnose cases of Leishmaniasis
The unit receives cases from our OPD as well as from all other centers, as most of the tests are performed solely in or lab.
If a test is not available in our lab, we send the specimen to Behbehani center immunology lab or the Faculty of Medicine.
All patients’ information and immunology report are entered in the computer system. A print out of the immunology report is signed by the doctors of the immunodermatology unit.
5- ANA test using Hep-2 cell substrate
6 dsDNA test- ELISA
7- ENA test- INNO-LIA test for 13 nuclear antigens
8- Circulating immune complexes
9 - Direct smear for Leishmaniasis- presence of L-D bodies
10- Antigen Mapping for Epider,olysis Bullosa-( Collagen type VII, Collagen type IV, Keratin 14, Integrin alpha6, Integrin beta4, Plectin, BP 180)
Equipment at the Immunodermatology Unit:
1) Ordinary Centrifuge.
2) Cryostat for cutting sections for DIF and IIF tests, and Moh’s surgery.
3) Two Fluorescent microscopes for reading and reporting DIF and IIF tests.
4) Ordinary microscope.
5) Deep Freezer (-80 C) for long time storing of valuable samples.
6) Freezer (-25 C) for short time storing of samples.
7) Refrigerator (-15 C -4 C).
8) Analytical Balances.
9) Two sets of computers with printers
10) Digital Camera DP-70 for recording immunofluorescence and histopathology microscope samples.
12) Fumehood for absorbing toxic gases and chemicals.
13) ELISA reader for measuring Dsd1, Dsg3, BP180, BP230 antibody titers.
14) ELISA washer.